Toddington Rambling Club
Advice for Walkers
Before the walk
- If you are going on a walk and going to the walk start, rather than going to Toddington Village Hall car park, you must contact the walk leader to inform them.
- If you do not have transport to the walk start, please try to arrange a lift in advance. If you can’t, please contact the leader who will try & arrange transport for you.
- If driving from Toddington please try not to leave the Village Hall car park before 9.30 am(or time stated in your programme), unless you have a full car, in order to maximise car use.
- If you have a medical history that could give rise to a problem on a walk you must inform the walk leader beforehand.
- If you have a physical problem please make sure you are able to complete the walk and inform the leader beforehand of your problem.
- If you wish to bring a dog on a club walk please obtain permission from the leader beforehand and be prepared to put it on a lead when requested.
- If the walk commences at a pub or cafe please do not use their car park if you do not intend to use them for refreshment, unless specific permission is given.
On the walk
- Please try to walk behind the walk leader or at least within their sight.
- If walking through a field of animals please stay in one group and do not wander off.
- If you are using or carrying walking poles or an umbrella please make sure these do not come into contact with other walkers.
- Please do not walk too closely behind another walker who is using poles as they will not be able to see you.
- As a respect to farmers and landowners please walk in single file to avoid damaging crops where appropriate.
- When walking along a road please keep to the same side as the leader, unless directed otherwise. If the road is busy please keep in single file.
- If you are last in the group please close any gates that you may pass through, unless the leader tells you otherwise.
- If the walk turns right or left at a footpath junction please make sure that the walkers behind you are aware of the turn and follow you.
- If leaving the walk temporarily for a comfort stop make sure that another walker, preferably the leader or back marker, knows that you have stopped.
- If leaving the walk permanently make sure the leader knows.
- When the leader informs the group that they will be moving off shortly, after a break, please be ready to leave with the rest of the group. It is important that walkers do not wander off alone without the leader’s knowledge.
- After stops please make sure that you take all your belongings with you when you depart.